So, I’ve not been querying in a while (and honestly not writing that much either), because of two factors. One: a colleague of mine left to get his Masters degree around August last year, and the company has not yet replaced him. Two: the Covid-19 crisis. While I can work from home, and I am an introvert, both situations do take a toll. Physically and mentally. Nothing bad, but still, can’t really get into the head space to write much/query. I find that I also seem to take rejections to my work more harshly/personally than I usually would. But that doesn’t mean I can write an update about how my infrequent querying is going, right?
This is a short one. I’ve started querying literary agents for [SOPAB] on the 5th of November. Sent out a batch to 7 agents. We’ll see how it goes.
The next update will be a tally of all of the queries and their status for all three projects – [TEE], [OSAA] and [SOPAB] – I’ve been querying, I promise!
It’s time for a tally, me thinks. I’ve been quietly and infrequently querying agents for both [TEE] and [OSAA], and I thought it would be a good thing to look back on what kind of responses – when I got any – I got back for both projects.
Just a quick update. I’m still querying literary agents for [TEE], and after sending in [OSAA] during Angry Robot’s open door period, I decided to start querying agents for that novel as well. Continue reading
It’s been a while since I’ve written about the querying progress for [TEE]. Mainly because there hasn’t really been any. I’ve been querying agents here and there since the last update, but no luck just yet. I’ve mostly been occupied with writing my new WIP [TT] and editing [OSAA] to get it ready to submit to Angry Robot’s open door period. Planning to get back to editing [BOR], and maybe give [TEE] another look. Could be fresh eyes would pick out some things I didn’t see before, even though I’m up to draft number 5 right now.
So I’ve been keeping quiet about a development since March, because I didn’t want to jinx it, but I got an important e-mail today that made it clear to me that ship has sailed, unfortunately. Back in May I queried a handful of agents for [TEE], which I wrote about here. What I didn’t write was that I got a request for a full from an agent the same day (about thirty minutes before midnight).
Queried five literary agents for [TEE] yesterday. I’m hopeful, but I’m trying not to get too excited. Cautiously optimistic is the word, I guess.
Today I queried 6 agents for [TEE], after putting off continuing to query for too damn long. It took a couple of hours (I’m all about the checking of attachments, double-checking, triple-checking, freaking out, because OMG you didn’t add page numbering, YOU IDIOT!), but I feel good about it.
I haven’t posted an update in a while, because I haven’t really been querying for [TEE] for a while. I’ve mostly been researching agents (and procrastinating when I should’ve been researching agents). But I do have one positive story to tell. Continue reading