It’s time for a tally, me thinks. I’ve been quietly and infrequently querying agents for both [TEE] and [OSAA], and I thought it would be a good thing to look back on what kind of responses – when I got any – I got back for both projects.
The total of queries for [TEE] I’ve sent out is now 26. 16 of those have gotten rejections. Some of the older ones still haven’t gotten any responses, and so I’ve sent out some follow-up emails as well. There’s one partial success story though.
A couple of days ago I sent out my second batch of queries to literary agents in the UK for [TEE]. The total number of queries I’ve sent out is now 20.
In addition to the 10 queries I’d sent out in the first batch, I also sent out an extra one for [TEE]. Right now I’ve received 9 rejections in total. Big bummer, as you can imagine.
So, I’ve gotten two rejections for [TEE] so far. Two very nice rejections, but rejections nonetheless. I mean, I should’ve known, because every writer everywhere says you’ll go through rejections before you get to acceptance and offers of representation, but it still sucks.