I’ve been editing multiple projects at the same time – which probably isn’t the best thing? – but I seem to have some issues just focusing on just one. Perhaps it’s because I got a new job in January and am still learning new things every day. Perhaps it’s because I haven’t queried in a while and there’s no deadline/rush.
I’ve sporadically been editing draft 1.5 of [BOR], because I’ve been busy writing, and editing, [SOPAB]. I’ve only done about 40 pages since my last editing update, and all of that was just line editing. I don’t think I’ll be sending it to any beta readers soon.
I finished editing [OSAA] a few days before November hit in 2017. I had been working on draft 2.5, incorporating my beta readers’ feedback and my own comments. Draft 3 was the draft I meant to send in during Angry Robot’s Open Door period. Then November came, I had finished my last edit and I sent it in.
Well, it certainly has been a while since I wrote an editing update, hasn’t it? I checked, and my previous one was written all the way back in January! Don’t let that fool you into thinking I’ve not done any editing. You might have noticed I no longer have my writing progress meters up on the blog, mainly because it became a pain in the ass to keep track of all of them, because some were on hold, some were being written, and others were being edited.
Well, first things first: I sent the second draft of my NaNoWriMo2015 novel [OSAA] to two of my beta readers around the last few days of 2016, and sent it to another beta reader on the 22nd of January 2017. I’m hoping to get their feedback around March, though I’ve not given them a hard deadline. I still find it hard to set an actual deadline; they’re busy people, I’m not paying them for their hard work, and the draft is pretty big. Perhaps I’ll get better at that someday.
I’ve…not been editing at all these days. SHAME *Ding* I was in the middle of editing my novella [TBWAH], but I had to stop once I started participating in NaNoWriMo [OSSA] and because I’m working full-time at the moment.