So I’ve been keeping quiet about a development since March, because I didn’t want to jinx it, but I got an important e-mail today that made it clear to me that ship has sailed, unfortunately. Back in May I queried a handful of agents for [TEE], which I wrote about here. What I didn’t write was that I got a request for a full from an agent the same day (about thirty minutes before midnight).
I haven’t posted an update in a while, because I haven’t really been querying for [TEE] for a while. I’ve mostly been researching agents (and procrastinating when I should’ve been researching agents). But I do have one positive story to tell. Continue reading
The total of queries for [TEE] I’ve sent out is now 26. 16 of those have gotten rejections. Some of the older ones still haven’t gotten any responses, and so I’ve sent out some follow-up emails as well. There’s one partial success story though.
So, I’ve gotten two rejections for [TEE] so far. Two very nice rejections, but rejections nonetheless. I mean, I should’ve known, because every writer everywhere says you’ll go through rejections before you get to acceptance and offers of representation, but it still sucks.
Well, I just wrote (or struggled to write) the first draft of the synopsis (or what passes for a synopsis, I hope) of my manuscript. To be honest, brevity when describing the major events of my manuscript isn’t my strong suit.