It’s time for a tally, me thinks. I’ve been quietly and infrequently querying agents for both [TEE] and [OSAA], and I thought it would be a good thing to look back on what kind of responses – when I got any – I got back for both projects.
Just a quick update. I’m still querying literary agents for [TEE], and after sending in [OSAA] during Angry Robot’s open door period, I decided to start querying agents for that novel as well. Continue reading
It’s been a while since I’ve written about the querying progress for [TEE]. Mainly because there hasn’t really been any. I’ve been querying agents here and there since the last update, but no luck just yet. I’ve mostly been occupied with writing my new WIP [TT] and editing [OSAA] to get it ready to submit to Angry Robot’s open door period. Planning to get back to editing [BOR], and maybe give [TEE] another look. Could be fresh eyes would pick out some things I didn’t see before, even though I’m up to draft number 5 right now.
Queried five literary agents for [TEE] yesterday. I’m hopeful, but I’m trying not to get too excited. Cautiously optimistic is the word, I guess.
Today I queried 6 agents for [TEE], after putting off continuing to query for too damn long. It took a couple of hours (I’m all about the checking of attachments, double-checking, triple-checking, freaking out, because OMG you didn’t add page numbering, YOU IDIOT!), but I feel good about it.
Well, first things first: I sent the second draft of my NaNoWriMo2015 novel [OSAA] to two of my beta readers around the last few days of 2016, and sent it to another beta reader on the 22nd of January 2017. I’m hoping to get their feedback around March, though I’ve not given them a hard deadline. I still find it hard to set an actual deadline; they’re busy people, I’m not paying them for their hard work, and the draft is pretty big. Perhaps I’ll get better at that someday.