I’ve sporadically been editing draft 1.5 of [BOR], because I’ve been busy writing, and editing, [SOPAB]. I’ve only done about 40 pages since my last editing update, and all of that was just line editing. I don’t think I’ll be sending it to any beta readers soon.
So, how you been? It’s been a while, hasn’t it? I can’t believe my last writing update was in March of this year. There’s so much that has happened between then and now in both my writing life and my personal life.
Just a quick update. I’m still querying literary agents for [TEE], and after sending in [OSAA] during Angry Robot’s open door period, I decided to start querying agents for that novel as well. Continue reading
I finished my first draft of [TT] on the 2nd of January! So I’d say, at least when it comes to writing, 2018 had a good start. I’ve shelved it for now, to come back to it with fresh eyes some time in the future, so I can start on draft 1.5. Continue reading
It’s been a while since I’ve written about the querying progress for [TEE]. Mainly because there hasn’t really been any. I’ve been querying agents here and there since the last update, but no luck just yet. I’ve mostly been occupied with writing my new WIP [TT] and editing [OSAA] to get it ready to submit to Angry Robot’s open door period. Planning to get back to editing [BOR], and maybe give [TEE] another look. Could be fresh eyes would pick out some things I didn’t see before, even though I’m up to draft number 5 right now.
I’ve been steadily writing on [TT] after finishing my world building. I think that whole process finished around May, so that’s about a month of solid world building, creating characters and plotting before I started writing on the project. Not as long as I took for [TEE], which took longer because my plot outline was basically 30 pages long and I was less experienced in general, but still a pretty long time.
Today I queried 6 agents for [TEE], after putting off continuing to query for too damn long. It took a couple of hours (I’m all about the checking of attachments, double-checking, triple-checking, freaking out, because OMG you didn’t add page numbering, YOU IDIOT!), but I feel good about it.
In addition to the 10 queries I’d sent out in the first batch, I also sent out an extra one for [TEE]. Right now I’ve received 9 rejections in total. Big bummer, as you can imagine.
I officially started querying UK agents on the 18th of this month, after spending a lot of time researching agents and checking out which ones would be the right fit for me and my manuscript [TEE].