So, since my last update, I’ve not written a whole lot. I’ve been busy with a lot of things, and the “pantsing project” [T] came to a standstill, because what-do-you-know, I do actually need an outline. I’m just not a pantser, I guess.
Can’t believe that this is my first writing update of 2019 and it’s July already! Since the last time I’ve written a writing update for my blog, I’ve changed jobs and have been slowly editing [SOPAB] and [TE].
Well, first things first: [TT] has an official working title now! So from here on out I’ll be referring to it as [SOPAB]. And no, I’m not going to explain what it stands for 😉 I whittled my list of 16 possible titles down to six, after which I asked some people to choose which ones would entice them in a bookstore, and gave them a quick rundown of the major themes of the story. There was no clear favourite, but their feedback helped me choose the one I’ve gone with.
I finished my first draft of [TT] on the 2nd of January! So I’d say, at least when it comes to writing, 2018 had a good start. I’ve shelved it for now, to come back to it with fresh eyes some time in the future, so I can start on draft 1.5. Continue reading
I’ve been steadily writing on [TT] after finishing my world building. I think that whole process finished around May, so that’s about a month of solid world building, creating characters and plotting before I started writing on the project. Not as long as I took for [TEE], which took longer because my plot outline was basically 30 pages long and I was less experienced in general, but still a pretty long time.
So, I’ve decided to put the writing of [C] on a halt for now. I’ve been having a hard time writing on this novel, and my daily word counts are nothing to write home about.
Since I finished the first draft of my third WIP [BOR] a couple of weeks ago, I haven’t really written since. I need some time away from the sprawling project; not just to come back later with fresh eyes, but also because I don’t know if I like the road eventually taken.
So, it’s been a while! I’ve been (almost) steadily writing now for a bit more than a month, with some small gaps in-between. So I still don’t have that habit of writing every day down just yet, but I’m getting there quickly.
This is a short one! I just wanted to share that I’m officially done writing the first draft of my novella [TBWAH]! My aim was to get to 25K, I got to a bit more than 30K.
I’m adding the titles of my projects in brackets, so it’s easier to talk about them. For novella’s/novels I’m keeping it to abbreviations, for short stories I’m adding the entire title.
So, I’ve been editing my novel [TEE] for the last few weeks – it’s going slow, but it’s going – and I’m well over the 100k mark. Once I’m finished with that, I’ll be looking for agents to submit to. But first things first: it needs to be polished until it shines. Continue reading