So I’ve been keeping quiet about a development since March, because I didn’t want to jinx it, but I got an important e-mail today that made it clear to me that ship has sailed, unfortunately. Back in May I queried a handful of agents for [TEE], which I wrote about here. What I didn’t write was that I got a request for a full from an agent the same day (about thirty minutes before midnight).
Queried five literary agents for [TEE] yesterday. I’m hopeful, but I’m trying not to get too excited. Cautiously optimistic is the word, I guess.
Today I queried 6 agents for [TEE], after putting off continuing to query for too damn long. It took a couple of hours (I’m all about the checking of attachments, double-checking, triple-checking, freaking out, because OMG you didn’t add page numbering, YOU IDIOT!), but I feel good about it.
I haven’t posted an update in a while, because I haven’t really been querying for [TEE] for a while. I’ve mostly been researching agents (and procrastinating when I should’ve been researching agents). But I do have one positive story to tell. Continue reading
A couple of days ago I sent out my second batch of queries to literary agents in the UK for [TEE]. The total number of queries I’ve sent out is now 20.
In addition to the 10 queries I’d sent out in the first batch, I also sent out an extra one for [TEE]. Right now I’ve received 9 rejections in total. Big bummer, as you can imagine.
The third rejection is in the bag for [TEE]. So let’s review what I’ve done and received so far, shall we? I sent out query packages by e-mail to 10 agents in the UK. I received a confirmation of receipt from two of them by e-mail, standardized, probably automated. But still, it’s good to know the packages reached their destination. Continue reading
I officially started querying UK agents on the 18th of this month, after spending a lot of time researching agents and checking out which ones would be the right fit for me and my manuscript [TEE].
So, I’ve been steadily writing ever since handing in my thesis at the end of last month. I’m mostly working on my novella [TBWAH], and my synopsis and query letter for [TEE]. I’m still having a hard time selling my “product,” so to speak, but I’m content with the query draft I have so far. I’ve sent it out to some of my beta readers, to see what they think.