It’s been a while since I’ve written about the querying progress for [TEE]. Mainly because there hasn’t really been any. I’ve been querying agents here and there since the last update, but no luck just yet. I’ve mostly been occupied with writing my new WIP [TT] and editing [OSAA] to get it ready to submit to Angry Robot’s open door period. Planning to get back to editing [BOR], and maybe give [TEE] another look. Could be fresh eyes would pick out some things I didn’t see before, even though I’m up to draft number 5 right now.
So I’ve been keeping quiet about a development since March, because I didn’t want to jinx it, but I got an important e-mail today that made it clear to me that ship has sailed, unfortunately. Back in May I queried a handful of agents for [TEE], which I wrote about here. What I didn’t write was that I got a request for a full from an agent the same day (about thirty minutes before midnight).
Queried five literary agents for [TEE] yesterday. I’m hopeful, but I’m trying not to get too excited. Cautiously optimistic is the word, I guess.