Well, it’s been a while since the last update–August–but not that long, luckily. There have been changes in my responsibilities at work I’m adjusting to, there’s been a pup in the house since the end of July that needs raising/training, and I’m planning on purchasing a harp in December and teaching myself how to play. My mind has been fuller than ever before. Continue reading
I’ve sporadically been editing draft 1.5 of [BOR], because I’ve been busy writing, and editing, [SOPAB]. I’ve only done about 40 pages since my last editing update, and all of that was just line editing. I don’t think I’ll be sending it to any beta readers soon.
I finished editing [OSAA] a few days before November hit in 2017. I had been working on draft 2.5, incorporating my beta readers’ feedback and my own comments. Draft 3 was the draft I meant to send in during Angry Robot’s Open Door period. Then November came, I had finished my last edit and I sent it in.
Well, it certainly has been a while since I wrote an editing update, hasn’t it? I checked, and my previous one was written all the way back in January! Don’t let that fool you into thinking I’ve not done any editing. You might have noticed I no longer have my writing progress meters up on the blog, mainly because it became a pain in the ass to keep track of all of them, because some were on hold, some were being written, and others were being edited.
I’ve finished editing both my novellas; I finished editing down my NaNoWriMo 2014 novel [SG] to a novella first, because I wanted to submit it to The Book Smugglers’ novella initiative. Which I did, though I’ve not heard back yet. But on their site they said to wait until August to hear, I believe, so if I haven’t heard anything by then, they’ve decided not to go with my story.