I’ve spent most of my time not editing, actually. It’s only been a few weeks since I went back to editing draft 1.5 of [BOR]. My head hasn’t been in the game for a while now, but I’m getting back into it. I’m hoping for no more distractions. Continue reading
Well, first things first: [TT] has an official working title now! So from here on out I’ll be referring to it as [SOPAB]. And no, I’m not going to explain what it stands for 😉 I whittled my list of 16 possible titles down to six, after which I asked some people to choose which ones would entice them in a bookstore, and gave them a quick rundown of the major themes of the story. There was no clear favourite, but their feedback helped me choose the one I’ve gone with.
I finished editing [OSAA] a few days before November hit in 2017. I had been working on draft 2.5, incorporating my beta readers’ feedback and my own comments. Draft 3 was the draft I meant to send in during Angry Robot’s Open Door period. Then November came, I had finished my last edit and I sent it in.
It’s been a while since I’ve written about the querying progress for [TEE]. Mainly because there hasn’t really been any. I’ve been querying agents here and there since the last update, but no luck just yet. I’ve mostly been occupied with writing my new WIP [TT] and editing [OSAA] to get it ready to submit to Angry Robot’s open door period. Planning to get back to editing [BOR], and maybe give [TEE] another look. Could be fresh eyes would pick out some things I didn’t see before, even though I’m up to draft number 5 right now.
So I’ve been keeping quiet about a development since March, because I didn’t want to jinx it, but I got an important e-mail today that made it clear to me that ship has sailed, unfortunately. Back in May I queried a handful of agents for [TEE], which I wrote about here. What I didn’t write was that I got a request for a full from an agent the same day (about thirty minutes before midnight).
I’ve been preoccupied with feverishly editing my second NaNoWriMo novel [OSAA] for a couple of months now, and after spending weeks on draft 1.5, I’ve officially started on draft 2. After finishing up my last couple of comments I hope to send this novel to my beta readers. It’ll probably take me another couple of weeks though. I might not finalize it until 2017.