So I’ve been keeping quiet about a development since March, because I didn’t want to jinx it, but I got an important e-mail today that made it clear to me that ship has sailed, unfortunately. Back in May I queried a handful of agents for [TEE], which I wrote about here. What I didn’t write was that I got a request for a full from an agent the same day (about thirty minutes before midnight).
I’ve been steadily writing on [TT] after finishing my world building I think that whole process finished around May, so that’s about a month of solid world building, creating characters and plotting before I started writing on the project. Not as long as I took for [TEE], which took longer because my plot outline was basically 30 pages long and I was less experienced in general, but still a pretty long time.
So, I’ve decided to put the writing of [C] on a halt for now. I’ve been having a hard time writing on this novel, and my daily word counts are nothing to write home about.
I’ve spent most of my time editing my WIP’s, but I’ve also started writing a fourth novel [C]. I was actually plotting a campfire story [E] (I still don’t know whether it’s going to be a novel or a novella at this point), but I got stuck.
Since I finished the first draft of my third WIP [BOR] a couple of weeks ago, I haven’t really written since. I need some time away from the sprawling project; not just to come back later with fresh eyes, but also because I don’t know if I like the road eventually taken.
I’ve been preoccupied with feverishly editing my second NaNoWriMo novel [OSAA] for a couple of months now, and after spending weeks on draft 1.5, I’ve officially started on draft 2. After finishing up my last couple of comments I hope to send this novel to my beta readers. It’ll probably take me another couple of weeks though. I might not finalize it until 2017.