So I’ve been keeping quiet about a development since March, because I didn’t want to jinx it, but I got an important e-mail today that made it clear to me that ship has sailed, unfortunately. Back in May I queried a handful of agents for [TEE], which I wrote about here. What I didn’t write was that I got a request for a full from an agent the same day (about thirty minutes before midnight).
I’ve been steadily writing on [TT] after finishing my world building I think that whole process finished around May, so that’s about a month of solid world building, creating characters and plotting before I started writing on the project. Not as long as I took for [TEE], which took longer because my plot outline was basically 30 pages long and I was less experienced in general, but still a pretty long time.
Well, it certainly has been a while since I wrote an editing update, hasn’t it? I checked, and my previous one was written all the way back in January! Don’t let that fool you into thinking I’ve not done any editing. You might have noticed I no longer have my writing progress meters up on the blog, mainly because it became a pain in the ass to keep track of all of them, because some were on hold, some were being written, and others were being edited.
Queried five literary agents for [TEE] yesterday. I’m hopeful, but I’m trying not to get too excited. Cautiously optimistic is the word, I guess.
So, I’ve decided to put the writing of [C] on a halt for now. I’ve been having a hard time writing on this novel, and my daily word counts are nothing to write home about.
Today I queried 6 agents for [TEE], after putting off continuing to query for too damn long. It took a couple of hours (I’m all about the checking of attachments, double-checking, triple-checking, freaking out, because OMG you didn’t add page numbering, YOU IDIOT!), but I feel good about it.